Hello TSC Fans, It’s Magda here with another TSC Kitchen inspiration!
I love cooking with my partner. I usually just help, but every cloud has a silver lining. After finishing my job – that’s slicing all of the ingredients I can just take a glass of wine and observe the master chef. Sometimes we invite our friends for a dinner, or should I rather say – for lunch+dinner+ supper - all in one. That’s because the menu consists of more than one dish. That’s a great feast. And that’s why we always prepare a menu to help our guest decide if they should stay or run. Today I want to present one of such a mini menu’s.
~~ WARM PEAR SALAD by Magda Polakow, inspired by Lorraine Pascale recipe ~~
- 120g packet rocket
- handful pine nuts
- 8 slices of pancetta
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 pears, pealed, cored, quartered
- salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp honey + for the dressing1 tsp balsamic vinegar + for the dressing
1. Put the packet rocket on the plate. Heat up the frying pan. When it’s ready, add pine nuts and roast them for about 3 minutes until they turn gold. Take them out of the pan.
2. Now, time for pancetta. Put on pan and fry over a medium heat until they’re crispy. Drain them off using a paper towel.
3. Put butter and oil on the pan, simmer. When the butter is melted, add pears, salt, freshly ground pepper and honey. Heat up and cook for about 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute. Then remove the pan from the heat, Take the pears out of the pan. Don’t remove the juice!
4.Put the pears and pancetta on the plates.
5. Put the pan with the rest of the juice again on the fire. Add butter, some honey, salt, freshly grounded pepper and nuts. Heat it up. Pour over the dish.
Summer City collection
Sweet Childhood collection
Thanks so much for stopping by TSC blog today! Have a wonderful Sunday!